I have had pain (severe at times)in my upper right

Patient: I have had pain (severe at times)in my upper right abdomen under my ribcage for 4days. My doctor has scheduled a hydoscan in 7 days. Is that too long to rule out gallbladder problems? Or should I have tests immediately for gall bladder stones or infection etc.?

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We understand your concern.This kind of pain is mostly due to acid reflux or gall bladder issues like stones in gall bladder called as Cholelithiasis.If you are having persistent pain and vomitings, you would should go to ER, they will perform an emergency ultrasound, that would evaluate the presence of Cholelithiasis.If your Ultrasound is normal, you would require treatment for Acid reflux.In acid reflux disease a combination of Omeprazole and Domperidone helps greatly. You should take soft, bland diet as spicy food aggravates acidity. In case of acute pain you can take anti flatulent syrup like Digene or Gelusil.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy