I have had patellar tendonitis in both knees for two

Patient : I have had patellar tendonitis in both knees for two years or so. I am a 19 year old male. Is low muscle mass in the legs a contributing factor? As I have naturally skinny legs, and lack of leg exercise has made them even smaller. Let alone sports or running. climbing stairs itself has been quite painful for both knees over the two years or so, and knee straps do not help as much anymore. What do I do? Is it fully treatable, or will I always experience some level of knee pain for the rest of my life?
Symptoms:  Knee pain when bent, when weight placed on them, when climbing stairs.