Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have had really bad pain in my throat for

I have had really bad pain in my throat for

Patient: I have had really bad pain in my throat for 3 days it feels like im swollowing needles and its giving my migranes and belly ach what do i do please help

Symptoms: Throat pain, migranes, belly ach

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.You must be suffering from an acute bacterial or viral throat infection. Streptococcus may also be a possibility.Most often, a viral prodrome starts of with throat pain and later belly aches and body aches may set in.It is very important that you consult a physician for an examination and rule out the above causes as well as acute tonsillitis.You may need a course of antibiotics depending on the organism causing it and also pain killers.Drink plenty of water and try warm saline gargles for 3 to 4 times a day.Hope this helped.Regards