I have had rotator cuff surgeries two time for both

Q: I have had rotator cuff surgeries two time for both arms. I am now 72 years old and m experiencing the same symptoms in both arms again. I am still very active and both my shoulders are displaying the same symptoms again. Will I ever NOT have problems with my shoulders again and should I make an appointment with an ortho surgeon?

Symptoms:  Severe pain when either arm is extended outward beginning about mid chest level. Pain in both shoulders when arms are straight down at sides which radiates up into large muscle that goes from shoulder to neck area. Some times there is severe pain radiating into right elbow.

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern.

You are likely to be having frozen shoulder as you are 72 years old and restriction of movement and pain is radiating to all sides. Its treatment is mobilisations exercises of shoulder, physiotherapy.

Analgesic such as ibuprofen is helpful in pain relief. However rotator cuff injury can be again, it can be ruled out by MRI of both shoulder. It will be better to consult and make an appointment with an Orthopedic surgeon.

Hope your query get answered. Please feel free to ask follow up questions.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.