I have had severe pain in my joints off and

Q: I have had severe pain in my joints off and on for about 6 months accompanied with bouts of fatigue and bruising. It is most severe in my knees and down my legs but recently it has also even severe in my shoulders and hips. I'm not sure what could be causing this. I am 24 years old and otherwise perfectly healthy. I gave birth 7 months ago.

A:   Hello.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor. I understand your concern.

Such joint pains can be because of calcium, iron deficiency that is very common after pregnancy and birth, following inadequate calcium and iron supplementation.
However, we should also rule out Rheumatoid Arthritis.
I suppose you should get an evaluation done to rule out all causes of inflammatory and non-inflammatory joint pains.
Get following investigations:
1. Fasting Blood sugar- To rule out diabetes
2. Thyroid profile- To rule out hypothyroidism
3. Liver and Kidney function tests.
4. Hemogram with ESR
5. R-factor
Once the reports are available, it will be decided if you require any treatment or not.
I would advise you to eat a good healthy diet and do regular exercises.
Share my opinion with your doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy