I have had sore breasts stomach cramps and mood swings

Q: I have had sore breasts stomach cramps and mood swings for three weeks. Also eating a lot more and urinating more frequently. I have unexplained bruising on my ankles and my lower left abdomen swelled out yesterday with no pain. Over the last 3 weeks 12 pregnancy tests have been negative

Thanks for the query to askthedoctor.com for an opinion,

If your pregnancy tests are negative since last 3 weeks and you are in the mid cycle, then actually these urine pregnancy tests are of no value simply because they are not sensitive in the mid cycle. If you have been sexually active during the cycle, then ideally you should be opting for a blood serum beta hcg test after 7 days post intercourse to actually rule out pregnancy.
Now these symptoms of sore breast, stomach cramps and mood swings, increased appetite and increased frequency of urine with mild lower abdominal cramps indicate a syndrome or premenstrual symptoms or PMS. These are common during the cycle indicating that menses are to start in next few days. The symptoms are similar to early pregnancy symptoms but pregnancy tests are negative. Hence it is suggested that you should wait for your menses to start. If your menses don't resume within 15 days post missed periods then you may opt for a withdrawal bleeding to resume your menses after an ultrasound.

I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health,

Guest: i got similar symptoms like that...i have been thinking that i might be preg also..,.