I have had symptoms of tonsillitis now for about three

Q: I have had symptoms of tonsillitis now for about three weeks. My GP has given me 2 courses of antibiotics that hasn't cleared this up. Yesterday she did a blood test and told me it wasn't tonsillitis so she sent me to a speciallist. This specialist then looked at my tonsils and told me it was tonsillitis and put me on more antibiotics. Neither of these doctors have swabbed my mouth or done any other tests. Should I go back and discuss this with the GP? I feel fine and need to go to work. Thanks.

Symptoms:  Swollen tonsils, white spots on tonsils, tiredness,