I have had the flu I went to out of

Q: I have had the flu. I went to out of hours at the hospital sunday to confirm suspicisions as i wasnt getting better - i was getting worse. They informed me that it was indeed the flu and that there was nothing they could do , i just had to rest. His advice was to take a couple days to rest and to self certificate if no better. I am a teacher and with half term next week they need a fit to work note for when i return just detailing how long i was ill for. I am new to the area so am in the process of registering with a gp - was told it would take 3 weeks due to demand. Can i get a fit to work note from the gp at out of hours i went to?
Can i ask for a telephone consultation with a doctor at the surgery i'm registering at?

If not what do i do?