I have had the implanon for 2 years i always

Patient

Q: I have had the implanon for 2 years i always have had some light or mild periods the whole time (also i have had it before this 2 years. I had it from 2010 until 2012 had a baby in 2013 and after having no issues before decided to get again after having my baby) for the past 2 months i have had symptoms of pregnancy. I have took 3 at home pregnancy test and got 2 positives and one negative. What does this mean and what should i do? I have a doctors appointment next month should i wait until then or call to be seen now if they can?

Doctor

Implanon is a hormonal contraceptive. Not all contraceptives are hundred percent effective in preventing a pregnancy. There is no contraceptive without a failure rate and Implanon is no exception. 2 out of 3 pregnancy tests with symptoms of an early pregnancy may mean that there is an underlying pregnancy. Kindly do not wait any longer, see a gynecologist immediately and get a pregnancy test done. An ultrasound of the pelvis will help as well.
Based on the findings, the doctor will treat you accordingly.

Hope this helped.