I have had the mirena iud for 5 years, this

Q: I have had the mirena iud for 5 years, this past January i should have had it taken out but kept putting it off. My periods are very regular. I can pretty much pinpoint the day based on charting and the emergence of cramps, bloating, etc.. This month comes around and I'm 6 days late. No cramps, spotting, nothing. I have felt rapid heart beat while resting so much that it has woken me out of my sleep and loose stool which happened during my first pregnancy. I took a test yesterday but drank a ton of water right before to make myself pee. Can the water mess up the hpt? Is it possible to be pregnant with the iud even though they're shown to last 6 or 7 years? I also checked for my strings and couldn't find them.

Symptoms:  Period late. Rapid heart beat, loose stool.

A:   Hi,

The possibility of pregnancy is less while being on IUCD.
As you are not able to find the threads, better to consult your doctor and get examined to confirm the intrauterine position of IUCD.
If the IUCD is in position, please repeat the urine pregnancy test or go for blood test for pregnancy to find out the possibility of pregnancy.
If IUCD position is not able to find out in examination, please go for ultrasound to confirm the position of IUCD and to rule out pregnancy.

Take care