I have had these dry white patches around my bikini

Patient : I have had these dry white patches around my bikini area. They don't itch and they don't hurt, it's just dry patches . What could this be, I am not in anyway sexually active.
I have had these dry white ...-1
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. On reading your symptoms and closely looking at your picture attached with your query, we are of the opinion that this could be a fungal or tenia infection which looks chronic. The other cause could be extreme dryness that has led to a white patch, that could have been triggered off by a local trauma like a scratch over the area and collection of crusts on top of it in layers. The cause need not be sexually transmitted disease all the time. Kindly consult a dermatologist for a local examination. Do not apply any lotions, creams or cosmetic solutions over the affected area. The doctor would advice an effective antifungal cream with a steroid base if needed. Some people could be allergic to nylon undergarments and bottoms and develoo such lesions. Avoid them and wear cotton ones instead. You may also take a diet rich in vitamin c and consume antioxidant and vitamin E supplements. Avoid exposure of the area to sunlight until complete healing. Hope this helped. Regards

Patient: Hi. Thank you for your quick reply. I have noticed that have spread around my bikini area. I have been having weekly steam room sessions to clear my lungs, could that be one of the reasons? Also is there any topical cream that is safe to use on them as I can't see a dermatologist for another 2 weeks or so? and is it contagious?
Doctor: Hello,
Thanks for the reply.
Steam could be one of the reasons, but not strongly associated with the cause. You may try Clotrimazole cream if available as over the counter for local application until you see a dermatologist.As long as an examination and a specific diagnosis is not made, there is no assurance that this may help in rectifying the lesion.
It may not spread to different areas but may increase in size gradually with time.