I have had this problem on and off for months

Patient

Q: I have had this problem on and off for months now. I decided on Monday to see a doctor. I thought I had a bladder infection or a UTI. When he did my urine test at the office it came back that my white blood cell count was elevated but he could not tell me why. He sent me for a urine culture which came back with no growth. I did not go back to the doctor that day as he told me if the tests come back negative, he could not prescribe antibiotics. I am still having the symptoms which I will list below, and I am wondering what the cause is? What else could be causing these symptoms, and how do I get rid of them?! I have been drinking nothing but lemon water, normal water, and cranberry juice for at least a week now.
A little info as well. Roughly 3 months ago, I had my standard pap test, which came back clean. The only medication I am taking is birth control, and have not taken any other antibiotics. I have no allergies.

Symptoms:  Frequent needing to urinate. Most times I can empty my bladder, other times I can not. Towards the end of my urine stream it starts to burn and feel like razor blades. No blood in my urine. For anywhere between 5 minutes to hours after urinating, I continue to feel a raw, irritated, burning, stinging sensation in what I believe is my urethra. I am also having pain in my pelvic bone area. Sometimes it is just mild discomfort, other times it is very painful. I find taking Advil helps with the pain. Heat on my stomach, as well as near my urethra also helps.
Doctor