I have had unprotected sex with a new partner

Q: I have had unprotected sex with a new partner for about 3 weeks, intercourse and oral. I have been tested for all stds except herpes (blood and urine). I have had 1 place show on my anus that a dermatologist looked at and called it a hemmoroid on Tuesday. He said there were no signs of herpes at all. Now yesterday (Friday) I have had burning and very red irritated crack. It is much worse above the anus and very small just below the anus. This is the only "symptom" I have had.
1) is is common for males to have herpes here. (Heterosexual)?
2) do you think it is related to an std?
3) should I go get checked again?
4) what should I put on it?
I have used anti monkey butt powder with calamine for approximately 2 to 3 weeks also.
Thank you and I will wait to answer any questions you may have.

A:   Thanks for your question. Please find your answers serially.

1. Yes, heterosexual males too get infected with herpes.Genital herpes is a chronic, life-long viral infection. Two types of HSV have been identified as causing genital herpes: HSV-1 and HSV-2..Most persons infected with HSV-2 have not been diagnosed with genital herpes. Many such persons have mild or unrecognized infections but shed virus intermittently in the genital tract. As a result, the majority of genital herpes infections are transmitted by persons unaware that they have the infection or who are asymptomatic when transmission occurs.
2.No, I don't think it can be STD, more so because it has been examined physically by an expert.
3.Yes, you may need a follow-up checkup more so because many such persons have mild or unrecognized infections.
4. I am not sure about what you have been using , but the best thing to do for you is that you should remain abstinent from sexual activity with uninfected partners when lesions or prodromal symptoms are present or till your next followup report are available as sexual transmission of HSV can occur during asymptomatic periods. Asymptomatic viral shedding is more frequent in genital HSV-2 infection than genital HSV-1 infection and is most frequent during the first 12 months after acquiring HSV-2.

Hope this is useful