I have hidradenitis supurativa It is really bad I have

Patient

Q: I have hidradenitis supurativa. It is really bad. I have it on both armpits and on the back of my neck. I have open sores that will not heal both on armpit and on neck. What is concerning me now is that i have a swollen lyphn node on ghe side of my neck for about 2 1/2 half. Its a bit tender and it hurts sometimes. I did notice it when i got a open sore on the back of my next. I am currently in search of a new doctor that is more familiar with HS to go see one in person. Can the swolle. Lyphm node be related to my severe HS or can it be cancer. I am 22 yr old female. Obese.

Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.
If you have previously been diagnosed with hidradenitis suppurativa, then this lymph node can be a part of that. The Initial presentation is often with a painful nodule in the axilla or groin.

However, any swollen lymph nodes require evaluation for the cause. The common causes of Lymphadenopathy are Reactive Lymphadenitis, Tuberculosis, Lymphoma, Ebstein Barr Virus Infection.
In case, you just have a short duration lymphadenopathy and that too small, your doctor might treat you initially with a short course of antibiotics.

See, any weight loss, fever, cough of long duration associated with such mass can point towards tuberculosis, lymphoma. If you had any preceding fever, sore throat this can be Reactive Lymphadenitis. However, they need to be co-related clinically before FNAC/Biopsy is performed. FNAC is indicated in case your nodes don't disappear after a few days of antibiotic therapy.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.