Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have hyper acidity i had undergone with endoscopy

I have hyper acidity i had undergone with endoscopy

Patient: I have hyper acidity … i had undergone with endoscopy in May 2015 BY Dr N H Banka, and he told me the stomach is damaged badly and need at least 1 yea to recover … i use to chew tobacco .. i quit tobacco since last 19 months … i don’t smoke .. i don’t drink .. i still have acidity problems … i need a opinion for diet … i am a vegetarian…

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Stomach is damaged badly is a very v ague description after the endoscopy, I would request you to upload the endoscopy reports for me to review.We need to see how far the inflammation has spread and till what level the esophagus is involved.Besides that, what is your normal diet daily?Please elaborate and I can guide you further.

Patient: PFA endoscopy report, daily diet … Break fast : indian bread ( whole wheat ) , pomegranate juice, Lunch : indian bread ( whole wheat), vegetables and split green grams curry , afternoon snacks: fruits ( papaya, custard apple , sapodilla), evening dinner : porridge ,vegetables, split green gram curry

Doctor: Hello,
Well diet wise you can carry on the same, technically this is the best diet that anybody could have suggested,
Along with this take sucralfate syrup twice daily for 2 weeks after food.

Patient: thanks … it means spilt green grams are safe .. right ?.. i have 1 more question i still have acidity .. why is that ?

Doctor: Some people are prone for more acidity than others.
Could be because of an infection called H Pylori which grows in our stomach more than usual.

Patient: Sir , I was tested negative for h pylori

Doctor: Still, some people have more acidity, so, you have to be more cautious than others.

Patient: thanks Dear Doctor … i have 1 more question …. as i was suffering from acute gastritis … can i ay papaya ?

Patient: thanks Dear Doctor … i have 1 more question …. as i was suffering from acute gastritis … can i have papaya ?

Doctor: You have already utilised maximum follow ups for this query.
Please initiate a new consult if you want to consult the same specialist further.
Regards.