I have hypothyroidism, for 6 years nowi taken methoizole

Patient

Q: I have hypothyroidism., for 6 years now...i taken methoizole the whole time..seems like this medicine and working as good as it was..my throat really sore the last few weeks. .not sure what to do

Doctor

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.

It's not essential to relate all your illness to Methimazole. This can be a different issue. By the way of your description, it seems that you are to be suffering from Upper Respiratory tract infection (URTI). If you have severe coughing with sputum production, get a Chest Xray Done to rule out Pneumonia.
For URTI, I advise an antibiotic like Azithromycin only in case you have persisting fever. Otherwise in most cases URTI is due to viral infection and it gets better within 5 days.
You should take an anti-allergic like Levocetirizine which is available as OTC drug. You should do warm saline gargles at least 3-4 times a day and do steam inhalation. You should also take Paracetamol on as or when required basis for fever and body pains.
Drink plenty of hot fluids to give your throat soothing and help in pain. Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.

Patient: Was wondering have been hurting on my left side sometimes right...lower back to both sides. ...lower abdomen hurts comes and goes.....for about 3 days now..... not really sure what it could be....hurts a little when I pee... hard to go at times...thought yall Doctors might known. ...