Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have idiopathic cranial hypertension and I have a trip

I have idiopathic cranial hypertension and I have a trip

Patient: I have idiopathic cranial hypertension and I have a trip planned for Cusco and Machu Picchu. Is it dangerous to go to a high altitude? Am I at risk for harming myself or worsening my condition by going?

Doctor: Hi.Thank for your query.Noted the history of diopathic cranial hypertension and planned a trip for Cusco and Machu Picchu.Wants to know whether it is dangerous to go to a high altitude? and know the risk for harming yourself or worsening the condition by going?Yes, it is potentially dangerous to go to the high altitude.Since the brain is very sensitive to the supply of glucose and oxygen. The oxygen layer becomes sparse causing the changes in the brain and can worsen the intracranial hypertension.So please try to avoid going to high altitude.I hope this answers your query.