I have in my neck causing a pinched nerve The

Q: I have in my neck causing a pinched nerve. The want to put a whole new disk in. I have bad lungs and low oxygen. I have Copd. My oxygen goes low just on mild sedative. What's the odds I will survive this surgery. I have a spur in my neck too.

A:   Hi.

Read and understood that you have COPD causing bad lungs and low oxygen saturation which goes low even on mild sedatives.
This is a relative contraindication for any surgery and the neck surgery you are talking about is very major, hence the risk involved is also a very major.
The most important point is which nerve is pinched and what are your symptoms related to it.
Is the surgery must / lifesaving or so.
Post surgery you will definitely require ventilator and if you survive that, you will be fine.

Hope this helps you.