I HAVE ITCHING, SWELLING, SKIN PEELING OF PALM & FEET,

Patient

Q: ITCHING PALMS AND FEET SKIN PEELING
Palms and feet Itching then swelling then small bubbles then skin peels and new skin will form.. it happens 2-3 times a year.. is it because of excess heating in the body..? Please help me

Symptoms:  ITCHING, BURNING SWELLING PEELING OF PALM AND FEET
Doctor

A:   Thanks for consulting us. It is not because excess heat in the body. It could be Psoriasis that is causing these symptoms. Psoriasis is a chronic, multifactorial, inflammatory disease that involves hyperproliferation of the keratinocytes in the epidermis, with an increase in the epidermal cell turnover rate. he disease most commonly manifests on the skin of the elbows, knees, scalp, lumbosacral areas, intergluteal clefts, and glans penis. In some persons, it involves palms, soles and joints are also affected. It should be differentiated from Seborrheic dermatitis, Lichen planus, fungal infections, etc. Treatment entirely difference from one entity to other; hence correct diagnosis is important. Consult Dermatologist for further advice. Have a nice day.

Patient: Thank you very much doctor