I have just started doing foreplay with my boyfriend My

Patient

Q: I have just started doing foreplay with my boyfriend. My menstrual cramps have gotten worst since then. This has not happened before. Is there a reason for this? Should I get it checked? I have never been sexually active. I havn't been in relationship for 5 years. My boyfriend and I have been going out for 6 months now. The cramps started to get worst about 3-4 months ago. There has been an increase in stress and anxiety in my life during the past few weeks because of work.

Symptoms:  Severe pain, sometimes headaches
Doctor

A:   Hi.
Read and understood your problems.

Sex is the most complex thing to understand.
You have got this absolutely correctly that your cramps must have started. this is all driven by the hormones.
In fact the increase in stress and anxiety can be related to the experience you have got with the past recently.
This may be the signal that the body is saying something. You just have to give a thought to what the mind is saying.
The changes are very natural and one should go by hte natural instincts and your problems may be reduced.
You can certainly counsel in with a senior Gynecologist. This will be of a great help.

Hope this helps you