Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have keloids. I could use a remedy.

I have keloids. I could use a remedy.

Patient: I have keloids. Is there a way to get rid of them without steroid injections ( as I have been told by my doctor)? I only get them on my shoulder. I know that this isnt really a major health problem but its mostly annoying and inconvenient.

Doctor: Welcome To Ask The Doctor.Keloids treatment options are just two:1. Intralesional Steroid Injcetion.2. Surgical Re moval.Steroid injection is the preferred modality of treatment as it is safe.Surgical removal itself carries a risk of scar formation. So, it is attempted only in Steroid Resistant Patients.You should go for Intralesional Steroid injection as it is the most effective and safest treatment option.I hope the information helps.Stay Healthy.