I have keloids. I could use a remedy.

Patient

Q: I have keloids. Is there a way to get rid of them without steroid injections ( as I have been told by my doctor)? I only get them on my shoulder. I know that this isnt really a major health problem but its mostly annoying and inconvenient.

Doctor

A:   Welcome To Ask The Doctor.
Keloids treatment options are just two:
1. Intralesional Steroid Injcetion.
2. Surgical Removal.

Steroid injection is the preferred modality of treatment as it is safe.
Surgical removal itself carries a risk of scar formation. So, it is attempted only in Steroid Resistant Patients.
You should go for Intralesional Steroid injection as it is the most effective and safest treatment option.
I hope the information helps.
Stay Healthy.