Patient :I'm 15 years old and following last years wrestling season i started to have knee problems. When i bend my knee or sit cross-legged for an extended period of time, when i start to stand up i get severe pain in my left knee.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you.
You seem to be suffering from a knee sprain or might be Ligament Injury.
You should get MRI Knee done.
I would advise following:
1. To do knee and quadriceps strengthening exercises.
2. To do hot fomentation of the knee
3. Apply diclofenac ointment locally
4. To take Pain killers like Diclofenac only if the pain is severe and there are no contraindications for their use.
5. Don’t climb stairs, avoid bucket holding.
6. Don’t sit in squatting position
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.
I hope it helps.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.