I have lean body with normal fasting sugar. but a1c levels show 5.8 which indicates i am at diabetes risk. need some suggestions

Patient : Hi, I am 27 year old boy looking to improve my a1c levels. I am 5 feet 5 inch and 118 lbs (52kg). I recently had my blood test and i understood that my a1c levels are beyond normal. My fasting sugar is 83 which seems to be normal since 99 is the limit but my a1c level is 5.8 which is not normal. level 5.7 to 6.4 are increased risk in diabetes whereas above 6.4 its diabetes. I bike to work twice to thrice a week. 20 min rigorous home workout on saturday and sunday. Please advice me what could be the reason of higher a1c levels when i follow decent diet, maintain good bmi (19). Thanks
Symptoms:  diabetes prevention. no symptoms as of now. a1c levels show 5.8.. need to track that down to below 5.7