I have lost about 50 pounds these last two years

Q: I have lost about 50 pounds these last two years. Now my hair is falling out! Why can I do to fix this?

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query, albeit small and specific. It says what can be done to fix the problem of weight loss of 50 pounds in 2 years and now the hair-fall.

Any medical problem can be best fixed only on the basis of the getting a right diagnosis. This is very imperative.

Let us consider the possible causes of both the conditions:
- Medical causes such as diabetes, cancer and so on
- The resultant deficiency of minerals, elements and vitamins add on the problem already existing causing many secondary problems, one of them is hair fall.

I would advise you the following to get to the root cause:
Clinical evaluation and actual physical examination by a Physician to get a probable cause of your problems so that further lab tests, scans and other investigations can be done to get the cause.
Follow the treatment as per the cause to get a possible cure.

I hope this answer helps you to get started to find the cause and get a proper treatment.