I have low thyroid 75mg Is Liposen safe

Patient

Q: I have low thyroid 75mg. Is Liposen safe

Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you.

Lipofen is Fenifibrate that is a drug used for cholesterol management. It is mostly helpful in controlling the triglyceride levels. If you have hypothyroidism, you can take Lipofen if indicated. You have not mentioned your cholesterol numbers, so, i am unable to comment on whether, it is indicated in your case or not. You should also get your blood sugar tested in case it has not been done yet.
I would advise you following for cholesterol management:
1.Reduce your weight.
2.Avoid Fatty food in diet.
3.To consume potato, rice, oil, ghee, sweets, carbonated beverages in moderated amount only.
4. Avoid alcohol and smoking in case you do.
Get your lipid profile repeated after 3 months and write back to me with reports.
This is my best opinion for you.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.