I have microscopic blood in my urine every once in

Patient

Q: I have microscopic blood in my urine every once in a while. It seems to happen more often when I have intercourse. I am post menopausal. Could this be blood contamination coming from my vaginal even though I have stopped menstruating. What else could cause this? Thank you.

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.
The microscopic blood in the urine can be due to the following factors :
Urethritis due to infection or mechanical friction caused during sex.
Cystitis for that matter can be from Any part of the urinary tract.

I would suggest you the following.
Ultrasonography
Cystoscopy
And other relevant investigations as per the opinion of an Urologist and an internal examinations by the Gynecologist.

I hope this answer helps you to get a proper diagnosis and curative treatment.

This is not from the vagina.