I have microscopic blood in my urine every once in

Patient : I have microscopic blood in my urine every once in a while. It seems to happen more often when I have intercourse. I am post menopausal. Could this be blood contamination coming from my vaginal even though I have stopped menstruating. What else could cause this? Thank you.
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. The microscopic blood in the urine can be due to the following factors : Urethritis due to infection or mechanical friction caused during sex. Cystitis for that matter can be from Any part of the urinary tract. I would suggest you the following. Ultrasonography Cystoscopy And other relevant investigations as per the opinion of an Urologist and an internal examinations by the Gynecologist. I hope this answer helps you to get a proper diagnosis and curative treatment. This is not from the vagina.