Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have microscopic blood in my urine every once in

I have microscopic blood in my urine every once in

Patient: I have microscopic blood in my urine every once in a while. It seems to happen more often when I have intercourse. I am post menopausal. Could this be blood contamination coming from my vaginal even though I have stopped menstruating. What else could cause this? Thank you.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.The microscopic blood in the urine can be due to the following factors :Urethritis due to infection or mechanical friction caused during sex.Cystitis for that matter can be from Any part of the urinary tract.I would suggest you the following.UltrasonographyCystoscopyAnd other relevant investigations as per the opinion of an Urologist and an internal examinations by the Gynecologist.I hope this answer helps you to get a proper diagnosis and curative treatment.This is not from the vagina.