I have mucus in my chest and cough constantly It's

Patient : I have mucus in my chest and cough constantly. It's been a month now, what could be the reason?
Doctor :   Thanks for your query. Read and understood your symptoms of mucus in he chest and continuous coughing for a month. The commonest reasons for such an occurrence are: - Inadequately treated respiratory infections. - Allergic reaction to some allergen which you might have noted till now. The treatment is Proper investigations first as this is more than a week old. - X-ray of the chest and tests of blood and phlegm. -Proper antibiotic treatment, antitussive with mucolytic properties. Steam inhalations. The most important part is keep away from the allergens which instigate or increase the problems. I hope this will help you. Since many of the medicines are prescription based medicines, you may need a Doctor for clinical evaluation, investigations and treatment . Hope this helps.