I have mucus in my chest and cough constantly It's

Patient

Q: I have mucus in my chest and cough constantly. It's been a month now, what could be the reason?

Doctor

A:   Thanks for your query.

Read and understood your symptoms of mucus in he chest and continuous coughing for a month.
The commonest reasons for such an occurrence are:
- Inadequately treated respiratory infections.
- Allergic reaction to some allergen which you might have noted till now.

The treatment is Proper investigations first as this is more than a week old.
- X-ray of the chest and tests of blood and phlegm.
-Proper antibiotic treatment, antitussive with mucolytic properties.
Steam inhalations.
The most important part is keep away from the allergens which instigate or increase the problems.

I hope this will help you. Since many of the medicines are prescription based medicines, you may need a Doctor for clinical evaluation, investigations and treatment .

Hope this helps.