Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have myopia so I have glasses -125 I see very

I have myopia so I have glasses -125 I see very

Patient: I have miopia so I have glasses -1.25.I see very well at close/short distance and badly at long distance. Should I ware my glasses when reading or working on my computer? I see very well with or without them at close distance.

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.You do not need to wear glasses when looking at a computer screen. What you can do is to wear them only when looking at a far distance. If you can see the computer clearly even when you are more than 60 cm away from the monitor, it is ok not to wear glasses. Also, please do not be closer than 60 cm from the computer.If you get headaches, please see a Doctor to get your sight checked. Hope this helps.All the best.