Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have never experienced what I’m experiencing now I’m in

I have never experienced what I’m experiencing now I’m in

Patient: I have never experienced what I’m experiencing now I’m in my 3 day of period and I have so much pain and with big cloths of blood I’m not pregnant haven’t had sex over 4 moths to me this is not normal having a heavy flow with big cloths and many cloths of blood I’m 32 yrs old

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.You seem to be having mennorhagia which presents with excessive bleeding. At your age causes like fibroid uterus, adenomyosis, endometrial hyperplasia, thyroid dysfunction, hormonal imbalance can be suspected.Kindly consult a gynecologist for an examination and investigations like blood and urine tests and ultrasound as well.This will help in ruling out the causes and treat the condition accordingly.Hope this helped.Regards