Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have never had any STD.

I have never had any STD.

Patient: Hi I am 28 years old and I have never had any type of std and a couple days ago almost a week I had sex with a guy without protection and he says he don’t have anything but no I have sores and bumps in my vaginal area is this herpes

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.Herpes is a viral infection characterised by grouped fluid filled lesions associat ed with burning sensation or pain. It may also present as erosions without appreciable vesicles.The infection can be acquired from the partner while he/ she is not having active disease as there is shedding of virus during inactive phase of disease also.in such cases, I prefer to advise antivirals like Acyclovir.I will advise you to visit your doctor so that he can do physical examination and give you prescription accordingly.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Take care.