Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have not had a period since February I had

I have not had a period since February I had

Patient: I have not had a period since February. I had a urine pregnancy test two weeks ago and it was negative. Now I suddenly started bleeding but it’s really watery with blood clots.

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Delay in periods can lead to thickening of endometrium, whi ch can lead to excessive flow when menstruation occurs.So, better to observe for one to two days, possibly by that time the flow may become normal.If excessive flow with blood clots, persist better to consult your doctor and get evaluated.By clinical examination and ultrasound the possibility of miscarriage can be ruled out and cause of excessive flow can be identified.Then you can take tablets to control the bleeding with your doctor’s advice.Take care.