Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have notice blood on the toilet paper after using

I have notice blood on the toilet paper after using

Patient: I have notice blood on the toilet paper after using restroom I’m pregnant around 6 -7 weeks is it normal or should I go to e&e

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,As you are 6-7 weeks pregnant here then it has to be understood that bleeding or spotting in pregnancy is not a good sign. It is always better to get an ultrasound pelvis done transvaginally to establish viability of the foetus and the foetal heart beat. Also, to look for any subchorionic haemorrhage or retroplacental clot which can occur due to accidental separation of the placenta from the uterus due to possible progesterone deficiency.If the findings are negated and heart beat is present, it confirms that the pregnancy is safe and the spotting is probably due to trophoblastic invasion into the uterine endometrium which is a natural process. However you may be required to be placed on progestational support till 14 weeks of gestation to provide pregnancy support hence.Please visit your physician soon and get an ultrasonological examination done soon.I hope i have answered your query in detail,Wishing you good health,Regards