I have paid in my bicep when I raise my arm.

Patient : I have pain in my bicep mostly when I raise my arm. Should I see a doctor about this?
Symptoms:  Pain in my bicep when I raise my arm.
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. We would require a bit more detail on your pain in order to assess the severity of what is happening here. Pain with decreased range of motion in your upper arm can range from a simple strain of the bicep muscle, muscle contusion, or bruise. Please have your doctor examine your arm to assess the severity of this injury. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com

Related Q&A

Q: 1 centimeter supraspinatus full thickness tear responding well to pt. with 75 % rom restored and little pain that onl...

Q: Late last March, I sustained a hand injury, a half inch rope was under great strain and snapped, the backlash his the...

Q: Shoulder has been hurting for 2 months. Had an MRI done. Report shows torn rotator cuff (images and report attached)....

Q: Two months ago I was about to fall and my brother pulled me from my shoulder in order to prevent it. At that time I f...

Q: I play high school football indoor practice I Took and blow to the shin everything is in my shin have not been right...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon