Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have pain at the very bottom of my spine/sacrum

I have pain at the very bottom of my spine/sacrum

Patient: I have pain at the very bottom of my spine/sacrum. It is not muscular. I’m a recovering alcoholic so I’m not willing to gamble on anything that might be addictive. I’m looking for something over the counter. What about creams or tens?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.It seems that you have pancreatitis. Pancreatitis occurs because of Alcohol consumption as well. Here are symptoms of Pancreatitis:Abdominal pain radiating to the backNausea and vomitingHigh heart rateHigh respiratory rateTender abdomenI recommend that you talk to a Doctor to diagnose Pancreatitis. Treatment of pancreatitis is usually supportive and it involves providing fluids and providing morphine for the pain.I hope this helps you.