Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have pain below my left rib cage

I have pain below my left rib cage

Patient: I have pain below my left rib cage whenever I move in a certain way. either by slouching or bending down to touch my toes or bending forward a little. the pain hurts but it isn’t sharp.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.From your description, it points mor e towards a muscle spasm as the most probable diagnosis.You can take muscle relaxants like Tab.Myospas 1-0-1x 5days or a combination of analgesic with muscle relaxant like Aceclofenac 100mg, paracetamol 325 mg and chlorzoxazone 500 mg tablets combination twice daily for 5 days.If the pain still persists you will need an ultrasound to rule out renal/ureteric calculi.Hope this was helpful.Regards.