Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have pain in my left arm and some time

I have pain in my left arm and some time

Patient: I have pain in my left arm and some time in chest.my doctor told me that it is due to excess urea in your body.I have sent you image of my report kindly tell me whether report is ok

I have pain in my left arm ...-1

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.In the report attached your blood urea is absolutely norm al. You have high triglycerides that is a part of cholesterol. With chest pain radiating to arm and associated dyslipidemia, cardiac Chest Pain is the most probable diagnosis. However, Acid reflux and Muscular pain needs to be kept in consideration.It is important to differentiate between the all as the treatment course is entirely different.The Muscular chest pain is dull and diffuse and any movement aggravates it. It is usually continuous and not intermittent like Cardiac Chest Pain. Cardiac chest pain is severe and crushing in nature. It increases on activity like walking, exercising. It often radiates to left arm, shoulder and nape of neck.So, first of all you should get an ECG and Chest X-ray done. If the ECG and Chest Xray are normal, the pain is probably Muscular or due to Acid reflux.For acid reflux, I would advise you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once a day.For cardiac evaluation of chest pain an ECHO and Treadmill Test (TMT) are indicated. If any abnormality is found, then an angiography should be performed.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy