I have pain in my right knee

Patient : I have pain in my right knee over the last one week because of the cold weather. What is the best way to cure the pain
Symptoms:  Sore knee, back pain, etc.
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Although no detail was provided. For the purpose of the question, I will assume this has not occurred in the past and there is no recent trauma or associated symptoms such as fever, leg weakness, numbness or tingling, urinary discharge or rashes. If the above is correct, simple over the counter medications combined with relative rest should improve the symptoms after a few days. If there is no improvement after a few days or the associated symptoms mentioned develop... you should see your primary care doctor.

Related Q&A

Q: My name is Carlton Jackson. My date of birth is April 3, 1955. In the spring of 1973 I hyperextended my left knee w...

Q: I ama 68 year old female who has been very active. Have not been exercising during last month due to cataract surger...

Q: My daughter was playing volleyball and dove/slide in for the ball. She said it hurt her right knee. But she was outsi...

Q: My knee is severely swollen (size of a grapefruit). I had an xray which was normal. It hurts a ton on the inside of m...

Q: When i went up the stairs i got knee pain as if its twisting on the inside. INtense pain for at least 5 minutes cant ...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon