I have Painful heels that is worse in the morning

Q: I have a lot of pain on my heals especially when i walk up in the morning what could this be?

A:   You may be suffering from a condition called plantar fasciitis. This is caused when the tissues or fascia of the foot gets inflamed. Wearing shoes that don't fit well, standing for long intervals of time and flat feet may lead to the development of plantar fasciitis. The typical presentation is pain present in the heel which is worse on the first step in the morning.
Treatment options iclude :
i) Adequate rest and avoiding standing for long periods of time
ii) Ice compression
iii) Wearing shoes with added padding for protection
iv) Exercises that involve picking a piece of cloth with the toes of your feet and rolling a tennis ball under your feet.
v) Medication like NSAIDS
vi) Special devices : Night splints, orthotic devices and casts