I have Painful heels that is worse in the morning

Patient: I have a lot of pain on my heals especially when i walk up in the morning what could this be?

Doctor: You may be suffering from a condition called plantar fasciitis. This is caused when the tissues or fascia of the foot ge ts inflamed. Wearing shoes that don’t fit well, standing for long intervals of time and flat feet may lead to the development of plantar fasciitis. The typical presentation is pain present in the heel which is worse on the first step in the morning.Treatment options iclude :i) Adequate rest and avoiding standing for long periods of timeii) Ice compressioniii) Wearing shoes with added padding for protectioniv) Exercises that involve picking a piece of cloth with the toes of your feet and rolling a tennis ball under your feet.v) Medication like NSAIDSvi) Special devices : Night splints, orthotic devices and casts