I have pcos and was diagnosed about a year ago

Patient

Q: I have pcos and was diagnosed about a year ago. Me and my significant other are ready to concieve. I have been researching different infertility medications to see which would be a better fit and help me get pregnant faster. I just would like more Info from a reliable source

Doctor

A:   Thank you for the question on fertility.

For many couples struggling with fertility problems, drugs are the first step in treatment. Clomiphene works by stimulating hormones in your brain to get an egg (or several) ready to release from your ovaries each month while gonadotropins stimulate your ovaries directly to produce an egg (or several). That's all some women need to get pregnant. Fertility drugs can increase your chance of multiple births and the more babies you carry, the greater your risk for complications such as miscarriage and premature labor.

You are only considered to have problems with Fertility if you are not pregnant 1 year after trying to conceive. So it is ok to not get pregnant immediately.

Talk to your Doctor, before you start using any medicines.

I hope this will help you. Have a nice day.