I have PCOS My husband and I had intercourse

Patient : I have PCOS. My husband and I had intercourse Jan 7. My periods are sparatic but have been the first week of the month. Last night I thought I started my period but it was only 1 spotting. Negative pregnancy test today. Thoughts?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. If you have been a patient of PCOS, then there are chances that you may be experiencin g anovulatory cycles as well which can invariably be a reason in itself for not conceiving. But considering that ovulation had occurred during the cycle and now you have missed your periods by more than 7 days. Hence, if the urine pregnancy test is still negative then pregnancy is ruled out completely and you should ideally get an ultrasound pelvis to check to endometrial thickness which if more than 10mm then you may opt for a progesterone withdrawal to resume your menses. I hope I have answered your query in detail, Wishing you good health. Regards