I have periods irregularly and I've had a yeast infection

Patient

Q: I have periods irregularly and I've had a yeast infection since my last period I've had sex but with protection and I took a test and it was negative I'm 6 days late so I was wondering if the yeast infection and make my period not come? I have normal period symptoms but no period

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes.
Recent illness, changes in daily activities, stress and strain etc can affect the menstruation.
Usually menstrual cycle with length of 21 days to 35 days should be considered as normal only.
As you are having premenstrual symptoms, you may get periods soon.
So, better to wait for few more days. If you do not get periods even after one week, please go for urine pregnancy test once to rule out the possibility of pregnancy.

Take care