I have post nasal drip from a cold that's causing

Patient

Q: I have post nasal drip from a cold that's causing nausea. Would your recommend a decongestant or antihistamine?

Doctor

The cause for post nasal drip would be sinusitis, viral or bacterial infections, allergic rhinitis causing sinusitis and post nasal drip.
Based on the cause, the choice of the treatment can be made.In case of an allergy, that causes dripping leading to nausea, you may prefer a combination of antihistamines and decongestants. If the cause is an infection, then it is better to use a decongestant. For the nausea, you can try steam inhalations with eucalyptus oil. Also, drink plenty of water and also consume an antiemetic like ondansetron if available over the counter.

Hope this helped.