I have pPROM I ruptured at 19w2d

Patient

Q: I have pPROM. I ruptured at 19w2d, and I am currently 21w2d. I have orally pleased my husband since rupturing, and we know that "actual sex" with penetration is a no-no, but assuming that he washes his hands and does not put his fingers inside of me, would manual stimulation be safe?

Doctor

If you have PPROM, and its been a week, then you shouldn't be at home at all.At 19w 2 d when you ruptured your membranes and the amniotic fluid leaked out, it puts the foetus at jeopardy completely. You need to visit your physician soon for a ultrasound pelvis and look for foetal viability whether the baby is still fine. The PPROM at less than 20 weeks, when the foetus is not developed either can cause CHORIOANMIONITIS which is a deadly infection and can cause sepsis due to ascending infection whether you undertake sex or not.
It makes me concerned that you are still at home. Such early PPROM results in abortions, naturally. The aim has to be to prevent chorioamnionitis with antibiotics. YOU should be admitted under hospital care.
I hope I have answered your query in detail.

Wishing you good health.