I have premature ejaculation and wondering if there is a pill for it

Q: I have premature ejaculation and wondering if there is a pill thats FDA approved or something i could do to help fix it?

A:   Thanks for your question.

I understand there is no specific medicine for PE (Prematue Ejaculation) as such We know that a side effect of certain antidepressants is delayed orgasm. For this reason, a group of antidepressants called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)-- such as sertraline (Zoloft), paroxetine (Paxil) or fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem), may be used to help delay ejaculation. These drugs will have to be taken several hours before sexual activity, and since they inhibit arousal, they can help make it easier for a man to control ejaculation. But before you make a decision regarding these drugs, which require a prescription, you will need to see either your general practitioner or a urologist; you should also ask about and keep in mind the side effects of SSRIs. These medications may be prescribed for either on-demand or daily use, and may be prescribed alone or in combination with other treatments.

Hope this helps.