I have premature ejaculation and wondering if there is a pill for it

Patient : I have premature ejaculation and wondering if there is a pill thats FDA approved or something i could do to help fix it?
Doctor :   Thanks for your question. I understand there is no specific medicine for PE (Prematue Ejaculation) as such We know that a side effect of certain antidepressants is delayed orgasm. For this reason, a group of antidepressants called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)-- such as sertraline (Zoloft), paroxetine (Paxil) or fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem), may be used to help delay ejaculation. These drugs will have to be taken several hours before sexual activity, and since they inhibit arousal, they can help make it easier for a man to control ejaculation. But before you make a decision regarding these drugs, which require a prescription, you will need to see either your general practitioner or a urologist; you should also ask about and keep in mind the side effects of SSRIs. These medications may be prescribed for either on-demand or daily use, and may be prescribed alone or in combination with other treatments. Hope this helps.

Related Q&A

Q: I'm currently having difficulties being intimate with my wife. A few years ago I underwent some physical tests to see...

Q: Good afternoon I wanted I was sterilised information this month the 2/June 2015 and everything went well and I wanted...

Q: This is an embarrassing question to be asking, but what type of health questions should I be asking and things should...

Q: I have a small bump on the side of my penis. It does not hurt to touch and it is a little lighter than my skin. I jus...

Q: Yesterday i was intimate with my gf after going in side and after 1 minute my p was automatically lose erection my gf...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon