Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have premature ejaculation It seems that using condoms

I have premature ejaculation It seems that using condoms

Patient: I have premature ejaculation. It seems that using condoms hardly helps prolong orgasm. i tried a topical called mandelay. It caused me itching and burning that has not stopped since I have put it on. It also did nothing for delaying an orgasm. In fact, it might have made it occur quicker because it acted as lube. On the back of the box, it said that if i experienced itching and/or it didnt delay orgasm, than i should contact a doctor.I have been placed on 20mg of paxil per day, which originally helped a bunch. However it stopped helping after a couple weeks.

Symptoms: I cum too fast.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,Premature ejaculation is a common issue in adolescence and esp ecially seen in men who have been sexually oriented and have been anxious with regards to women. Secondly if they are in a habit of doing masturbation then this premature ejaculation is often seen in them.The best way to control this is to practice pre ejaculation squeezing technique of penis to allow the orgasm to die down and then intercourse can be restarted again. The antidepressants like alprazolam should be continued in low doses to allow help this situation. Also thirdly more time should be spent on foreplay before the actual act of intercourse to help with this situation.I hope i have answered your query in detail,Wishing you good health,Regards