I have pretty intense lower back pain, especially when sitti

Patient

Q: I have pretty intense lower back pain, especially when sittin . Sometimes the pain shoots down my leg to the ankle, sometimes the front of the leg to the knee.

Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You may be having disc prolapse. It can be confirmed by MRI of lumbar spine. Resting in lateral position with both hips and knees flexed is helpful. Analgesic such as ibuprofen is helpful in relieving pain. Mecobalamine is helpful in neuropathy ( radiating pain). You can discuss with your treating doctor about it.
Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.