Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have recently been diagnosed with genital warts and I have had them frozen.

I have recently been diagnosed with genital warts and I have had them frozen.

Patient: I have recently been diagnosed with genital warts and I have had them frozen its been a week and they have fell off , I have also been giving aldara cream but I’m not sure if I still have to use this as the warts have fallen off please help asap

Doctor: Thanks for your question.The primary reason for treating genital warts is the amelioration of symptoms (including re lieving cosmetic concerns) and ultimately, removal of the warts. In most patients, treatment can induce wart-free periods. If left untreated, visible genital warts can resolve on their own, remain unchanged, or increase in size or number. Available therapies for genital warts likely reduce, but probably do not eradicate, HPV infectivity. Whether the reduction in HPV viral DNA resulting from treatment reduces future transmission remains unclear.If the warts have peeled off, you can stop using the cream.Hope it is useful.