I have recently been diagnosed with histamine intolerance I have

Q: I have recently been diagnosed with histamine intolerance. I have a very strict diet; I was wondering if maybe I could take an anti-histamine like Aerius 5mg, so that I won't get any headached or allergic reactions if I wish to eat something with a low to moderate level of histamine - chocolate or coffee for example. My DAO activity is low, but not very low. I had had daily headaches for more than a year before I discovered what my problem was (I ate too much junk food one day and got chronic urthicaria). Please tell me more about how many anti-histamines I could take for when I know I'll eat something not permitted. Taking DAO supplements is out of the question, since in my country there is only one very expensive producer. Thank you.