I have recently began to experience pain in the gland

Patient: I have recently began to experience pain in the gland of my penis. I have experienced a burning sensation and when I took a look the gland was red and it’s uncomfortable. There is occasional moments I feel a possible discharge! What should I do?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.From the history you have provided, it looks that you are suffering from a condition call ed Balanoposthitis.I hope you have a single sex partner.The effective treatment is as follows:Clean the area with plain water 2 to 4 times a day and keep it dry with a pure cotton cloth or a dryer.you may apply liquid Povidone Iodine locally or a Metronidazole cream- nothing else at all. We have seen no results with any other solution, cream or ointment. So do not try anything else; if you are using any, please stop it.A course of antibiotic with metronidazole orally for 5 to 7 days should help you to get a cure. You can get your Blood Sugar checked.You may please consult a Dermatologist and Venerologist for necessary tests and further management.