I have recently had oral sex and I seen today

Patient: I have recently had oral sex and I seen today that I have some sort of red patch in the back of my throat my throat is kind of sore but I don’t know if it can be strep throat or gonnareah ?

Symptoms: Sore throat

Doctor: Hello.Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion.With the history of oral sex,the lesion at the back of your throa t typically indicates that you have had rough sex and your posterior pharyngeal wall has suffered contact injury which has caused the mucosal layer to abrade leaving behind a fiery red lesion which shows inflammation and is like to be painful as well.If the std status of your partner is unknown then it would be advisable that you undergo a throat swab for culture to screen out STDs like gonorrhoea or chlamydia or it may be a simple strep infection.The diagnosis would be confirmed by swab test culture following which antibiotics may be started.In the meantime you may practice saline warm water gargles thrice a day to help reduce the oedema and pain.I hope I have answered your query in detail.Wishing you good health,Regards